600g Button Mushrooms (Sliced)
1-2 Onions (Chopped)
1 Bulbs of Garlic (Peeled)
1 Leek (Chopped)
1 Stick of Celery (Chopped)
50ml of White Wine
50ml of Cream
1.5L Vegetable or Chicken Stock
1. Heat a large sauce pan on medium heat with the Butter. Add and lightly saute the Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Leek and Celery.
2. Once the vegetables begin to cook, add the white wine and reduce. This eliminates any alcohol and enhances the flavor.
3. Add the Flour and mix well so that the liquid forms a Roux. This will be your thickening agent.
4. Add the Stock of your choice and bring to the boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season well.
5. Blend the soup then add the Cream. Blend again. Season again to taste.
6. Serve with some chopped herbs, croutons or swirl of cream.