So if you know anything about me, it will most likely be that I'm crazy about coffee, coffee products, things with coffee in them and pretty much anything coffee. So you can imagine my delight when I stumbled across this beauty. Almost like a iced version of Tiramasu. Enjoy!
Coffee ice cream cake
4x Egg yolks
125ml Caster sugar
5ml Vanilla essence
250g Cream cheese
30ml Coffee liquor
250ml Strong black coffee
Chocolate spread or ganache to spread over the top (optional)
Cacao powder to sieve over the top
1. Line a medium sized creased bread pan with cling wrap.
2. Beat the egg yolks, caster sugar & vanilla together until it is a light yellow and becomes thick.
3. Add the mascarpone, cream cheese & liquor and blend it together lightly until it is just mixed in.
4. Pour some of the coffee in a shallow dish; divide the shortbread in three equal parts. Dampen the coarsely crumbed shortbread in the coffee.
5. Spread a quarter of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the pan, and add the first layer of biscuits on top of it, repeat the layers until you end up with the last layer of cream cheese mixture.
6. Cover with cling wrap and place it in the freezer overnight.
7. When you are ready to serve it, tip it onto your serving plate and spread the chocolate spread over it and sieve some cacao over it.
8. Decorate with nuts or truffles.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Until next time bros, carry on cooking.