This one has to be one of my favorite desserts and certainly my favorite one around Christmas. Its light and easy to make but tastes amazing. Not only that, but the colors make it perfect as a Christmas dish.
1 1/2 pints of Mulled Wine
6-8 medium pears
1. Peel the pears and scoop out the core but leave the stock on.
2. Place the mulled wine in a medium saucepan and place on a medium heat.
3. Gently lower the pears into the wine and simmer for around 10-20 minutes. To the check the pears are cooked, pierce with a skewer, it should meet a little resistance.
4. Transfer the pears and the wine to a container, cover and place in the refrigerator over night.
5. Serve the pears warm with a scoop of mascarpone ice cream or vanilla ice cream.
Hope you enjoyed this one, just a small post today yet just as delicious as the rest. Until next time bros, carry on cooking.