So the other day I was watching a cooking show and I saw this recipe for chocolate truffles, thinking to my self, "Well I've never seen them made like that." I just had to put them in a post. So here they are. They are made without any cream or butter making them less fatty and rich but more warming and flavorsome, perfect for Christmas. Enjoy!
250ml fresh Orange Juice
100g unrefined light Muscovado Sugar
1/2 Cinnamon Stick
2 Star Anise
1/2 tsp of Nutmeg
500g of fine quality Dark Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1. Bring the orange juice, sugar and all the spices to a simmer and allow to mull for 15 minutes.
2. Re-simmer the liquid then strain onto the chocolate. Whisk vigorously to create an emulsion which will become smooth and glossy.
3. Allow to cool then refrigerate for 1 hour to set firm.
4. Once set use a teaspoon to scoop event nuggets of ganache. Powder your fingers with cocoa powder and roll into even sized balls. (This will prevent the ganache from sticking to your fingers.)
5. Place the balls on a parchment lined baking tray and place back in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy this post, remember to check back later for the next one. Until next time bros, carry on cooking.