Okay so time to kill two birds with one stone. The next ingredients I'm going to use is aubergine and chestnuts. Thankfully I've found a dish that elegantly combines both. A fantastic dish as a vegetarian alternative for Christmas dinner. Aubergine Nut Terine,
1 large Aubergine
40g of butter
1 small Onion, finely chopped
2 sticks of Celery, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
175g of any shelled nuts of your choice, such as Brazil Nuts and Almonds, chopped
50g of shelled Pistachio nuts, chopped
100g of fresh white bread crumbs
100g of chedder cheese, grated
100g of frozen chestnuts, thawed and chopped
2 eggs, beaten
fresh chopped parsley
1. Grease a loaf tin.
2. Thinly slice the aubergine and brush the slices either side with oil. Season well.
3. Place onto a baking tray and cook in a medium oven for 5-7 minutes until they soften. Use the slices to line the inside of the loaf tin, making sure all the slices overlap, leaving plenty of aubergine to fold over the filling later.
4. Finely chop the onion, celery and garlic. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the vegetables until softened.
5. Combine the vegetables with the lemon juice, eggs, parsley, mixed nuts, breadcrumbs, cheese, chestnuts and pistachios. Once thoroughly combined, season well.
6. Press the mixture into the loaf tin and then tightly fold the aubergine back over the mixture.
7. Cook the loaf for 1 hour in a 200C oven, until firm.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Check back later for the next one. Until then bros, carry on cooking.