So I was challenged today, by a friend, to post some Christmas recipes using the ingredients aubergines, chestnuts and prawns. Obviously, my natural reaction to this was, bring it on! So there are going to be two posts today, incorporating all of the ingredients. This first one is one to warm you up on a cold winters night. I do love a good prawn curry and our prawn Balti sells rather well at work. But to keep it a bit more Christmas orientated, here's my recipe for Tiger Prawns in a Sweet Whiskey and Chilli sauce, a great starter.
2 limes, 2 juiced but only one zested
90ml of whiskey
120g of soft brown sugar
20 raw Tiger Prawns, peeled, washed and deveined
1 red chilli, seeds removed
1tbsp of vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to approximately 200'C
2. In a saucepan, gently heat the lime juice, whiskey and brown sugar, stir gently until the sugar has dissolved them turn up the heat and boil for 5 minutes or until mixture becomes syrup like.
3. Tip the lime zest into the pan and take off the heat. Set aside.
4. Place the prawns in an oven proof dish. Brush with the oil and then the glaze. Cook in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until the prawns turn opaque.
5. Remove from the oven an brush with more glaze. Reserve the rest of the glaze as dip and serve with the prawns.
Hope you enjoyed this one. So 1 post down, 1 more to go. See you soon bros, keep on cooking.