Saturday, 27 October 2012

Fantasy Recipe: Skyrim Sweet Rolls

I am a huge gaming fan. Its true. And I think many like minded people will agree that Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, is probably one of the if not the top games of the year and certainly my favorite game of all time. So to celebrate the games one year anniversary, I thought I'd show you how to making some of the unique food that appears in the game. Now granted I'm unlikely to get my hands on any dragon or mammoth meat, I thought I'd go for the iconic Sweet Roll featured throughout the game. They are very simple to make and look very authentic.



Skyrim Sweet Rolls
1 cup (250mL) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (75mL) brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup (60mL) maple syrup
1/4 cup (60mL) milk
1 tsp (10mL) cinnamon or to taste
2 cups (500mL) flour

Preheat oven to 375F 

1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add the eggs very gradually to stop the mixture curdling.  
3. Add maple syrup, milk and cinnamon.
4. Add all the flour and stir to combine. Do not over mix. 
5. Fill parchment-lined muffin pan with batter. Flatten surface to get an even bottom. Place into preheated oven and bake for about 20-30min or until golden brown. 
6. When rolls are ready, remove from muffin pan, flip and cut out a small hole in the centre - just like in Skyrim. While the roll is warm, carefully pour icing on top.

Cream Cheese Icing
Cream Cheese
Icing Sugar
Splash of Milk

1. Add the ingredients to a large bowl and mix slowly until mixture has reached the correct consistency. 

(Image Pending)

Well I hope you enjoy this recipe. Their actually pretty fun to make. Feel free to post your attempts in the comments below. But anyway, until next time, carry on cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment