1/2 an onion
1 Red or Yellow Pepper
2-3 Tbls Tomato Puree
Salt and Pepper
1. Take an ovenproof dish and spread the Tomato Puree over the bottom.
2. Finely chop the Onion and sprinkle over the Tomato Puree and drizzle with some Olive Oil
3. Finely slice the Courgette with either a mandolin or sharp knife. WARNING: When using either a mandolin or sharp knife, always be careful.
4. Repeat with Eggplant and Tomato
5. Cut the top and bottom off the Pepper and remove the inside making it tube like. Slice the Pepper similar to the previous vegetables.
6. Layer the Courgette, Eggplant, Tomato and Pepper in the dish, alternating them. As shown below.
7. Sprinkle with some Salt, Pepper and Basil for seasoning and another drizzle of Olive Oil.
8. Cover with some grease proof paper to prevernt it from cooking too quickly then place in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until all the vegetables are clearly cooked and the moisture has been removed from them.
Serve on a bed of pasta, couscous or on its own with a generous helping of the Tomato Puree/Ragu. For this I decided to use wholegrain Penne.
Really hope you enjoy this recipe, I know I had a lot of fun making it and actually rather proud of how it turned out. Until next time.